Urban Roasters (“business“, “we“, “us“) are committed to caring for, protecting and respecting your privacy and keeping your personal data secure.
We want to be upfront with you about what data we have access to, and what data we don’t have access to.
- We do not automatically collect personal information about you when you visit this website.
- You can use this website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
- If you fill out our contact form, you do not need to identify yourself or use your real name.
- We do not share, collect or use personal information for marketing purposes.
What personal information we collect
When you purchase a product on Urban Roasters, the only information we retain is:
- What products you ordered and when
- Name, email address, and phone number provided by you
- Billing/Shipping address provided by you
- A note about payment method used by you
When you create an account on Urban Roasters, the only information we retain is:
- Email address provided by you
- Name and phone number provided by you (if you have optionally provided this information)
- Billing/Shipping address provided by you (if you have optionally provided this information)
The Urban Roasters website uses contact forms in order to generate an email message sent directly to us.
If you fill in our contact forms, we collect the email address you provide and any other identifying information you include, such as a name or phone number.
Does Urban Roasters retain my credit card details?
No. Your credit card number and security code are never stored on our website.
Our payment gateways pass this sensitive information directly to the payment processor. Our payment gateways ensure credit card data never enters or passes through our website database. Urban Roasters never has access to your credit card number, and does not store your credit card number.
How we protect your information
The Urban Roasters site is securely hosted in Australia.
We only collect information we strictly require to run our business. Access to your information is restricted to our employees who need it to provide services to you.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity, we never share personal information.
If there is a problem that will affect your order (for example a bushfire crisis), we will notify you via email or phone about the problem (for example expected postage delays).
We will never email you spam, marketing campaigns, promotions etc – that’s not our style.
Our website uses Google analytics which sends website traffic data to servers offshore.
Google analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by the company for other purposes.
We use reports provided by analytics providers to help us understand our website traffic and web page usage.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you for the purposes set out above.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies.
How we deal with complaints and requests
- request access to personal information about you that we hold
- ask us to correct your personal information if you find that it is not accurate, up to date or complete
- make a complaint about our handling of your personal information
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
You can send requests for your personal information or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org